Friday 25 April 2014

Evaluation 4

Who would be the audience for your media product? 




Here is a video response by Manna explaining why this film is best targeted at her. My target audience ranges from the ages of 15- 45+ as I believe that this film relates to people from these ages and the content of the thriller isn't appropriate for younger audiences. Even though my opening scenes won't include any of the conventions and themes in a 15 rated film I still believe that it is better suited for a 15+ audience as if it was to continue on, there would definitely be intense scenes, profanity and scenes of a sexual nature as the main character would be a victim of rape.


Name: Claire Kyle
Age:  22
Info: Student, University - Studying Criminal Law

Claire loves watching programmes that feature the supernatural because "I love the idea of the unknown, so I enjoy watching shows that feature elements of the supernatural and people with psychological problems." She goes on to say that, "I love scary films, even though I do spend most of the time watching it behind my pillow, I think it's the suspense that makes me want to carry on watching. I enjoy trying to figure out who the stalkers and killers could be. My favourite films are the ones that either leave me wanting to sleep with the light on or make me question life." Her favourite films are Black Swan, Texas Chainsaw Massacre, The Butterfly Effect and One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest. She enjoyed watching them in the cinema and watching them at home on DVD with her friends.


I think my film would appeal to Claire and Manna because  the genre of my thriller is the genre of their favourite movies. Moreover, through their inquisitive minds and their love of the supernatural I confidently believe that this film will be right up their street As you can see from my two example profiles teenagers are clearly my main audience as the horror genre is very popular with them and my thriller contains generic conventions of a psychological thriller mixed in with the conventions of a horror film. However, the key issues tackled in my thriller are universal as both teenagers and adults have and can deal with issues such as: domestic abuse, relationships, drug abuse and the need to be famous.

General feedback from my target audience:
  •  This was a very good video.
  • I loved the effects that you used to show flashbacks in her head.
  • The story line is very interesting.
  • Sound effects are really good and fit the thriller genre very well
  • Overall, it's a great and very abstract opening.
  • "I would definitely want to watch the rest of the film."



No comments:

Post a Comment