Thursday 24 April 2014

Evaluation 2


Below is a video commentary discussing the key decisions behind the making of my coursework project - the opening three minutes of a feature film.






My thriller opening stars a teenage girl aged between 17 and 18, teenagers are normally represented negatively in media, due to gang culture and the negative press that the youth of today receive. Teenage girls especially are read with the connotation of "helpless" and "damsel in distress" this is until their help is required. Even when female characters help out and save the general protagonist, the male protagonist is still assumed to be and seen as the main hero. The antagonist is also seen as the big macho male who is generally very built up and walks with a mysterious manner.

Considering the costume of the character in my thriller I wanted to convey the effect of normality as I put her in a red dress rather than a white one to illustrate her innocence, I also chose to have the male character in normal clothes so he wasn't a clear antogonist.



No comments:

Post a Comment