Wednesday 12 February 2014

My Treatment








                                                   


















                                                                   Evaluation

After receiving feedback from my peers, I've once again adapted my narrative, I was told that, due to the restricted time allowed, I might not have been able to tell the whole plot and if I cut it, it might not have had the same impact as it wouldn't have been clear to understand. In light of this feedback I've decided to scrap the idea of the spectators as they would have been introduced later on in the film rather than the opening and I've mainly focussed on the character Debby and her mental state.






Above is a storyboard illustrating the three rooms that my film will be based in, the first one will be Debby's bedroom, the second would be the envisioned child's room and the last room will be either an empty room or a study. The little girls room and the last room is definitely symbolic of Debby's mental state as the little girls room is what she sees whereas the audience will see an empty room. This then creates an enigma through the ambiguity of the scene.



Here is my storyboard detailing the opening few shots of my character waking up and trying to remember how she got there. Mise en scene is crucial for my thriller as I'm relying on it to build the story due to the lack of dialogue.
Even though my film will take place in the house, I would still have to film during the day as I want a shot of my character looking outside the window. Due to my film being a psychological thriller I will include a lot of flashbacks as my character is suffering with amnesia, to illustrate this my editing will also be quite jumpy and frantic to mirror her mind.

My target audience for my thriller are people 15 - 45 as these are the people who will be able to relate the most to the storyline and would understand it better. I feel the younger generations would enjoy it the most, however people in their 30's and 40's will understand the deeper message more.

No comments:

Post a Comment